Welcome to the Cinetopia Film Festival!
JUNE 1-11, 2017
Created for the people of southeastern Michigan, the Cinetopia Film Festival features the best feature-length dramas, comedies, and documentaries from the world’s best film festivals (e.g. Sundance, Cannes, Venice, Toronto, Berlin, SXSW, Tribeca, etc.).
The extensive festival program is selected exclusively for Cinetopia by a team that includes Indiewire Influencer Russ Collins (from the Michigan Theater) and the national “dean” of art house programming Elliot Wilhelm (from the Detroit Film Theatre).
Cinetopia honors the rich heritage of cinematic culture and Michigan’s proud legacy of outstanding cinema artists through special pre- and post-film events, including presentations, discussion panels, and Q&A sessions with directors, writers, and stars.
Cinetopia promotes a love of cinema arts in community through exhibition and education by bringing celebrated films from around the world to the Detroit Area.
Cinetopia Guiding Principles
- Place artistic and cultural merit at the forefront of film exhibition and education
- Cultivate an innovative and forward-thinking event that champions the diverse aspects of filmmaking
- Provide a thought-provoking and awe-inspiring festival that opens minds and hearts through a shared cinematic experience
- Work in partnership with key cultural institutions/organizations/groups in the Detroit area and the southeastern Michigan community
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability to promote the festival’s sustainable impact and community value
- Foster understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and values
- Engage audiences to promote appreciation and patronage of year-round art house cinema as a cultural resource and economic driver
- Encourage the development of a curious, creative dynamic organization
- Promote among Board, staff, and volunteers a work environment based on integrity, professionalism, teamwork, trust, and respect
- Keepin’ it real